Pages

Saturday 14 February 2015

Parents (Poem)

Parents

Who were the ones who worked hard for money?
Who were the ones who tried to keep me happy?
Who were the ones who gave up all they have just for me?

It's mom and dad.

Daddy worked all day long,
No sleep, no rest, nothing.
Going for meetings, rushing all work before the deadline.

Mommy also worked hard.
Leaving work at 5pm sharp everyday,
Just to fetch me home from grandma's house,
And going out for a meal.

Mom always endured her boss' nasty words.

Dad always worked regardless how much work there is.

Everyday, I could see wrinkles appearing.
They were slowly getting old,
As I am slowly turning into an adult.

They were starting to get forgetful.
They sometimes misplace items,
Forget what they did.

On that day maternal grandma was gone,
Daddy may have yelled at mummy.
But, I know.
He was stressed.
Mommy was crying,
From losing her mom to all she had endured during work.

As a third person,
It was certainly painful to see them this way.

As their precious baby girl,
I wished that I could be with them forever and ever.

I know they really supported me in what I do,
I know they really loved me,
Even if they don't show it out.

I always wanted to say this by mouth,
But I can't.

I love you mom and dad.
For what you have given me.
My life and soul.

Thank you for everything.


Written by: Tabi Lim Pey Wen
Date: 10th February 2015
Time: 12:40am

0 comments:

Post a Comment